Cameron Tomaz, more commonly known as Wiz Khalifa, was born in North Dakota in 1987. He moved from military base to military base with his family when he was a child, and recalls writing his own lyrics and making music as early as 9 years old.
Eventually, Wiz Khalifa followed his musical inclinations and began self-recording songs and albums in his dad’s home studio in Oklahoma. When he reached high school, he began recording with a local studio in Pittsburgh. His music recording and natural ambition gained him the attention of Rostrum Records, and from there, he climbed the ladder to fame.Read More ...
Khalifa’s debut album that launched him into the modern rap scene was Show and Prove, which was launched in 2006. He followed up that album with Deal or No Deal and a no-charge, downloadable mixed-tape called Kush and Orange Juice in 2010. Wiz Khalifa now boasts a monthly number of 19,184,737 listeners on Spotify music and has over 7,736,379 followers. He is listed on Spotify as the 90th most-listened-to artist in the world.
Wiz Khalifa’s biggest hits include:
- “Hopeless Romantic”, from Rolling Papers II
- “Say Yeah”, a single
- “See You Again”, a single
- “Sucker for Pain”, a single made with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign, and featuring X Ambassadors
- “Fr Fr”, from Rolling Papers II
- “Young, Wild, & Free”, from Mac and Devin Go To High School, made with Snoop Dogg and featuring Bruno Mars
- “Black and Yellow”, from Rolling Papers
- “Real Rich”, from Rolling Papers II
- “So High”, from Blacc Hollywood, featuring Ghost Loft